Okay, so making some progress.

The orange extruder is part of the replacement (The old one melted down too) and is from ABS. One of my new friends (John H over at Tampa Hackerspace) was kind enough to print it for me. (And quickly too) The New X Carriage is best explained as its all aluminum. The LM10UU bearings are a slip fit and held in simply with rubber O rings. If your familiar with these bearings  then you know theirs a small groove on each end. perhaps for a snap ring. I choose to use an o-ring. I cut the sleeves just short of the dimensions planning to use them and they worked like a charm. Also, This is the 3rd carriage. As the first two failed during their assembly. The tubes are a thin 0.043 thick.   Tig welding them to the 6061 didn’t exactly go as planned. For the last attempt I decided to build a JIG to hold all the parts in place and then soldered them together. finally it worked like a charm.

As for the belt. I cut 2 small grooves and slipped the belt thru the holes and secured with a plastic wire tie. I could have made the overall carriage much smaller but was not sure if I would require a mounting point for some unseen fan etc… So, I decided to leave the foot print as you see it. And now that I have a JIG I can build a smaller lighter one in no time flat!

I have yet to re zero the table in relation to the X Carriage thats next.

NewXCarriagePt2-001 NewXCarriagePt2-002 NewXCarriagePt2-003 NewXCarriagePt2-004 NewXCarriagePt2-005 NewXCarriagePt2-006 NewXCarriagePt2-007 NewXCarriagePt2-008 NewXCarriagePt2-009 NewXCarriagePt2-010 NewXCarriagePt2-011 NewXCarriagePt2-012 NewXCarriagePt2-013 NewXCarriagePt2-014 NewXCarriagePt2-015 NewXCarriagePt2-016